Non-Act Discography Index
The list of available non-act based discographies is given in the table on the right. Act discographies have their own section.
The discographies in this section are listed in two main groups - record labels and others. The latter set comprise releases grouped around a variey of themes, which are not related to the acts or record labels concerned:
- Releases in the specific 'Pay It All Back' series of On-U Sound compilations.
- Other compilations that comprise entirely On-U Sound productions.
- Releases that partially contain track contributions headlined by On-U Sound ('Featured') acts, irrespective of whether they are On-U productions or not.
- Releases featuring On-U personnel recording in non On-U Sound act ('Related') capacities.
- Adrian Sherwood / On-U Sound's remix or production work ('Remixography') for non On.U acts.
- A selection of On-U related bootlegs.
- A list of On-U Sound related TV and video material ('Videography') known to exist.
- A list of unreleased ('The Vaults') On-U Sound production and remix material believed to exist.
I have attempted to standardise the appearance of the discographies and the notation within them to make them easy to use once you are familiar with the format. Discographies are typically laid out in the following format:
/ (Subject name) discography
Summary of releases: (optional)
- (Format(s)): (Act name1) - '(Name of release 1)'
- (Format(s)): (Act name2) - '(Name of release 2)'
(Any relevant notes about the information contained, sometimes making reference to other related discographies)
(Format(s)): (Act name1) - '(Name of release 1)'
(Record label(s)) / (Release month(s) / year(s) if known)
(Format 1): (Cat. number) / (Format 2): (Cat. number) / etc...
* (Note about track 2)
- Track 1 (optional mix name)
- * Track 2
- + Track 3 ||
- Track 4
+ [Rhythm xxx]
Release 2 etc...
Quite often a release will be found to have entries in more than one discography - for example in an act discography and in the discography of a record label that released it. In such cases, links to that item are made preferentially to its corresponding act discography entry (for links from other act- and non-act-non-label-based discogs and the Rhythm Directory) OR label discography entry (for links from other label-based discogs). If an item being referenced-to is found within the same discography as the item being referenced-from (irrespective of whether it appears elsewhere) the link between the items is made within the discography.
The symbol || after a track marks the point of a vinyl and / or cassette side break where this information is known. If no differentiation between these formats is made you can reasonably assume that the side-break applies to both. Track notes containing annotations in the style [Rhythm xxx] refer to Culf and Richard Davies' Rhythm Directory classification system for linking tracks together on a similar-sounding basis.
As much information as possible is given about releases made outside the UK. Note: Unless stated otherwise the information given is for UK editions of releases. Non UK-originated releases are of course harder for me (being based in the UK) to get hold of, and so details are likely to be more patchy.